Friday, September 30, 2011

Tipping over the half-way point



I know I haven't been very proactive in my blogging thus far, but I need to focus on changing that.  I love writing; in fact, I miss writing.  I just feel I've hit a slump (mentally) - with both my writing and photography.  Such an annoyance, to say the least, but I'm trying to overcome it.  So I figured that since I'm struggling, why not just stop waiting until I take some worthwhile photographs and post something now about something - anything - about which I'm currently interested.  You need to light a fire under me somehow, right?  I think my biggest 'issue' was that I started this blog as a means of posting photos, accompanied by snippets of works of literature by wonderfully talented literary greats.  As I said, I haven't gotten enough photography done lately, as I have just been slacking, so I figure I need a little... nudge toward change.

I can promise you it'll be photo-heavy at times, unpredictable at others, and filled with adventure and chaos.  But is there not, truly, beauty in chaos?

So as anyone who has talked to me recently knows, I'm pregnant.  It's an exciting point of my life, and I'm already just beyond 21 weeks - so more than half-way to meeting our princess, Aria Adelle.  I'm eagerly anticipating February for the first time in my life.  But now that I know we're having a girl, and we're getting closer and closer, I find myself struggling to resist buying all sorts of fun and fabulous baby items. 

For awhile, my best distraction was my fruit chart, which I've posted on Facebook.   I'll probably post it here when it's done, but for now it's just there.  Weekly I take a photo of baby's bump progress, compared to the fruit of vegetable most comparable to baby's size.  I am still digging the photo project, however I also am really motivated to go out there any buy fun baby things.  I mean, why not?  There's so many awesome and exciting things out there to buy babies:



http://www.babylegs.com/ has a great variety of legwarmers, tights, etc. for little ones and oh, what could be cuter?  I'm really struggling to resist buying a thousand pairs of these for Aria.  You better believe I'll have a few by the time she's born, but right now... I'm hiding my credit card.

Also, I am in love with everything on
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilianda - seriously, this shop could cause some serious damage to my bank account.  I mean, come on, look at that adorable hat!


Literally makes me squeal and get even more impatient for Aria to arrive.  I'm buying her one of these, but I did not decide what, yet, and am kind of waiting to see what new things may get added a wee bit closer to her birth.  I love Etsy.  For real.

Here's another gem, that a friend actually sent me a photo of because she couldn't resist buying it for Aria:

 For one, if that doesn't scream "little Zeta princess in training" I don't know what does - short of buying her ZTA outfits anyway.  Also, hello - how adorable is that?  So I'm looking forward to dolling her up in that.

Not that I don't adore boys, because seriously, my nephew is awesome.  He's 9 months old, and he dresses super cool - almost always in baseball or camo or football and he looks great.  He is one cool kid, head to toe, not to mention one of the sweetest babies in the world.  But since I'm having a girl, I'm going nuts over all this cute stuff. 

Okay, and finally, I'll end this rambling pointless entry with the glorious... headbands.

(as borrowed from
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnabelleCollection - seriously, go check out the shop, it's awesome!)




Mom goes, "oh you're not going to be one of those mothers with those headbands all the time, are you?"

Oh you had better believe it Momma.  They're so darn cute.  And ugh, just look at those cute cheeks, those big eyes, those adorable little girls!

Can't my little girl just arrive already?

Anyway, that's where I am at this point - shopping, dreaming and waiting... impatiently.

Soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment